Our new name was inspired by the definition of waypoint – “the chosen point one wants to find and arrive at with precision.” It perfectly describes us. Waypoint Bank is where you take stock of your future and plot the next stage of your life with guidance from the people you know and trust.
Waypoint Bank and its leaders are committed to serving the local communities surrounding our branches. We strive for excellence in customer service by employing the friendliest and most knowledgeable individuals. We are a neighborhood bank; our management was born and raised in the Midwest with their roots deep in agriculture. This is where our roots began, though we now extend into urban communities as well. We have based our business relationships on our historical values…our word is our bond. We have kept our yesterday values as our today values, and they will remain the same tomorrow.
We want to make your banking experience easy. We care about you, your family and your business. We offer everything that the big chain banks offer, but with a personal touch. Come in and experience the difference.
How are my deposit accounts insured by the FDIC?
First Bank & Trust Company was originally chartered to be a full-service community bank.
The current ownership purchased the bank with its office in Cozad, Nebraska.
Clay Center branch opened.
In the fall, we opened a branch in Colorado Springs, CO, named Mountain View Bank.
In the fall, we added a branch at Eustis, NE.
First State Bank of Imperial, NE, was added as a branch.
First State Bank of Imperial, NE, changed its name to First Bank & Trust Company.
In the summer, First National Bank of Cambridge, NE, was added as a branch.
Loveland LPO opened.
All branches are unified under one name – Waypoint Bank – to provide a focused banking experience designed for customers.
Ft. Collins branch opened
- Kirk Riley, President, Chief Executive Officer (Cozad)
- Kevin Gilbert, Senior Vice President, Senior Lending Officer (Cozad)
- Craig Mickey, Vice President (Cozad)
- Jessica Beisner, Cashier (Cozad)
- Sheri Hladky, Vice President (Cozad)
- Renae Rowe, Compliance Officer (Cozad)
- Mandy Swanson, Loan Officer (Cozad)
- Sharon Houser, BSA Officer (Cozad)
- Austin Boller, Loan Officer (Cozad)
- Timothy Sladek, Branch President (Clay Center)
- Jessie Anderson, Loan Officer (Clay Center)
- Lisa Baxa, IT Officer (Clay Center)
- Robert Lucia, Branch President (Colorado Springs)
- Rebecca Akers, Vice President (Colorado Springs)
- Ken Brower, Assistant Vice President (Colorado Springs)
- Clint Leffler, Branch Manager (Eustis)
- Tristan Newcomb, Assistant Vice President (Eustis)
- Matthew Musgrove, Vice President/Branch Manager (Imperial)
- Harmaleigh Dubas, Consumer Lending Officer (Imperial)
- Derek Downer, Vice President/Branch Manager (Cambridge)
- Kathy Miller, Vice President (Cambridge)
- Drew Mayer, Loan Officer (Cambridge)
- Alex Nguyen, Operations Manager (Ft. Collins)
- David Besch, Northern Colorado Market Manager (Ft. Collins)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Kirk Riley, Chairman of the Board | Kevin Gilbert | Rebecca Akers | Al Svajgr | Kristen Jack | Clark Andrews | Dawn Caldwell