About Waypoint Bank: Your Community Bank!
Waypoint Bank is a group of family-owned, community-oriented banks in Nebraska and Colorado. The bank was originally chartered in 1883 in Cozad, Nebraska and expanded over the years to other Nebraska communities. Our ownership group in Nebraska has been a part of the Cozad community since 1917. The group in Colorado has been a part of the Colorado Springs community since 1979, opening the Colorado Springs (previously Mountain View Bank) branch in 2002.
Our new name was inspired by the definition of waypoint — “the chosen point one wants to find and arrive at with precision.” It perfectly describes us. Waypoint Bank is the local, community bank where you take stock of your future and plot the next stage of your life with guidance from the people you know and trust.
Waypoint Bank and its leaders are committed to serving the local communities surrounding our branches. We strive for excellence in customer service by employing the friendliest and most knowledgeable individuals. We are a neighborhood bank; our management was born and raised in the Midwest with their roots deep in agriculture. This is where our roots began, though we now extend into urban communities as well. We have based our business relationships on our historical values…our word is our bond. We have kept our yesterday values as our today values, and they will remain the same tomorrow.
We want to make your community banking experience easy. We care about you, your family and your business. We offer everything that the big chain banks offer, but with a personal touch. Come in and experience the difference at your nearest Waypoint Bank location!
Get Started! Contact your nearest Waypoint Bank location.
How are my deposit accounts insured by the FDIC?
We strive to operate with absolute integrity. We insist upon honesty, dependability, loyalty, and accountability in each of our business relationships. We do what we say we will do. We aim to always work diligently and are committed to acting in the best interests of our local communities.
As a community bank, we know that relationships with our clients are the strength of our company. We strive for the highest level of service for each client. We hope that by exceeding our clients’ expectations through our banking services, we are nurturing long-term relationships.
To us, excellence means meeting and exceeding the standards set by our industry and by our competitors. We are constantly evolving to strive for perfection through our banking services. We know that we will only be excellent if our customers vote us that prestigious honor.
First Bank & Trust Company was originally chartered to be a full-service community bank.
The current ownership purchased the bank with its office in Cozad, Nebraska.
Clay Center branch opened.
In the fall, we opened a branch in Colorado Springs, CO.
In the fall, we added a branch at Eustis, NE.
First State Bank of Imperial, NE, was added as a branch.
First State Bank of Imperial, NE, changed its name to First Bank & Trust Company.
In the summer, First National Bank of Cambridge, NE, was added as a branch.
Loveland LPO opened.
All branches are unified under one name – Waypoint Bank – to provide a focused banking experience designed for customers.
Ft. Collins branch opened
- Kirk Riley, President, Chief Executive Officer (Cozad)
- Timothy Sladek, Branch President (Cozad)
- Kevin Gilbert, Senior Vice President, Senior Lending Officer (Cozad)
- Sheri Hladky, Vice President (Cozad)
- Renae Rowe, Compliance Officer (Cozad)
- Sharon Houser, BSA Officer (Cozad)
- Jessica Beisner, Cashier (Cozad)
- Mandy Swanson, Assistant Vice President (Cozad)
- Eric Zimbelman, Loan Officer (Cozad)
- Blair Caraway, Loan Officer (Cozad)
- Jessie Anderson, Branch Manager (Clay Center)
- Lisa Baxa, IT Officer (Clay Center)
- James Martin, Loan Officer (Clay Center)
- Robert Lucia, Branch President (Colorado Springs)
- Rebecca Akers, Vice President (Colorado Springs)
- Ken Brower, Vice President (Colorado Springs)
- Clint Leffler, Branch Manager (Eustis)
- Tristan Newcomb, Assistant Vice President (Eustis)
- Chris Lee, Branch Manager (Imperial)
- Harmaleigh Dubas, Consumer Lending Officer (Imperial)
- Derek Downer, Vice President/Branch Manager (Cambridge)
- Levi Watson, Loan Officer (Cambridge)
- Kathy Miller, Vice President (Cambridge)
- David Besch, Northern Colorado Market Manager (Ft. Collins)
- Alex Nguyen, Operations Manager/Assistant Vice President (Ft. Collins)
- Bill Klena, Commercial Lender (Ft. Collins)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Kirk Riley, Chairman of the Board | Kevin Gilbert | Rebecca Akers | Al Svajgr | Kristen Jack | Clark Andrews | Dawn Caldwell | Tim Sladek