Waypoint Bank is a group of family-owned, community-oriented banks in Nebraska and Colorado. The bank was originally chartered in 1883 as First Bank & Trust Company in Cozad, Nebraska and expanded over the years to other Nebraska communities. Our ownership group in Nebraska has been a part of the Cozad community since 1917. The group in Colorado has been a part of the Colorado Springs community since 1979, opening the Mountain View Bank branch in 2002.
Our new name was inspired by the definition of waypoint – “the chosen point one wants to find and arrive at with precision.” It perfectly describes us. Waypoint Bank is where you take stock of your future and plot the next stage of your life with guidance from the people you know and trust.
Waypoint Bank and its leaders are committed to serving the local communities surrounding our branches. We strive for excellence in customer service by employing the friendliest and most knowledgeable individuals. We are a neighborhood bank; our management was born and raised in the Midwest with their roots deep in agriculture. This is where our roots began, though we now extend into urban communities as well. We have based our business relationships on our historical values…our word is our bond. We have kept our yesterday values as our today values, and they will remain the same tomorrow.
We want to make your banking experience easy. We care about you, your family and your business. We offer everything that the big chain banks offer, but with a personal touch. Come in and experience the difference.
How are my deposit accounts insured by the FDIC?
These values reflect what is truly important to Waypoint Bank. They will not change over time or for different situations. They are the basic principles that guide our decisions every day in our businesses and in our communities.
We strive to operate with absolute integrity. We insist upon honesty, dependability, loyalty, and accountability in each of our business relationships. We do what we say we will do.
We know that relationships with our clients are the strength of our company. We strive for the highest level of service for each client. We hope that by exceeding our clients’ expectations, we are nurturing long-term relationships.
To us, excellence means meeting and exceeding the standards set by our industry and by our competitors. We are constantly evolving to strive for perfection. We know that we will only be excellent if our customers vote us that honor.
First Bank & Trust Company was originally chartered to be a full-service community bank.
The current ownership purchased the bank with its office in Cozad, Nebraska.
Clay Center branch opened.
In the fall, we opened a branch in Colorado Springs, CO, named Mountain View Bank.
In the fall, we added a branch at Eustis, NE.
First State Bank of Imperial, NE, was added as a branch.
First State Bank of Imperial, NE, changed its name to First Bank & Trust Company.
In the summer, First National Bank of Cambridge, NE, was added as a branch.
Loveland LPO opened.
All branches are unified under one name – Waypoint Bank – to provide a focused banking experience designed for customers.
Ft. Collins branch opened
- Kirk Riley, President, Chief Executive Officer (Cozad)
- Kevin Gilbert, Senior Vice President, Senior Lending Officer (Cozad)
- Craig Mickey, Vice President (Cozad)
- Clint Leffler, Assistant Vice President (Cozad)
- Jessica Beisner, Cashier (Cozad)
- Sheri Hladky, Vice President (Cozad)
- Renae Rowe, Compliance Officer (Cozad)
- Mandy Swanson, Loan Officer (Cozad)
- Timothy Sladek, Branch President (Clay Center)
- Jessie Anderson, Loan Officer (Clay Center)
- Lisa Baxa, IT Officer (Clay Center)
- Robert Lucia, Branch President (Colorado Springs)
- Rebecca Akers, Vice President (Colorado Springs)
- Ken Brower, Assistant Vice President (Colorado Springs)
- Chuck Leffler, Branch President (Eustis)
- Tristan Newcomb, Assistant Vice President (Eustis)
- Matthew Musgrove, Vice President/Branch Manager (Imperial)
- Kylee Margritz, Loan Officer (Imperial)
- Derek Downer, Vice President/Branch Manager (Cambridge)
- Kathy Miller, Vice President (Cambridge)
- Drew Mayer, Loan Officer (Cambridge)
- Alex Nguyen, Operations Manager (Ft. Collins)
- David Besch, Northern Colorado Market Manager (Ft. Collins)
- Paul Hernandez, Lender Credit Analyst (Ft. Collins)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Kirk Riley, Chairman of the Board | Kevin Gilbert | Rebecca Akers | Al Svajgr | Kristen Jack | Clark Andrews