We love the month of April – and spring – as it’s a time to recognize nature and make an extra effort to appreciate Mother Earth.
This year, Arbor Day falls on Friday, April 28. It is an annual day that encourages the country to plant and care for trees. It is also a day that aligns with Waypoint Bank’s efforts to provide tools that help protect and promote environmental sustainability. We are so fortunate to live amidst nature’s beautiful landscapes, and most of us still marvel at growing things. It’s important to protect our trees as they are invaluable to our health and well being. Trees absorb carbon dioxide which they return as oxygen, they supply us with a number of resources, and as a natural playground, they provide recreation!
Traditionally, people are encouraged to plant trees in honor of Arbor Day, but there are other ways you can recognize Arbor Day and help protect trees. Here are just a few things you can do:
- Recycle. Make sure to clean recyclables and properly sort them for pickup for the most effective recycling.
- Find ways to reduce paper, like decrease the usage of paper towels and paper plates.
- Buy a reusable coffee cup or thermos. Some coffee shops even offer a refill incentive for using their reusable cups.
- Bring reusable bags to the grocery store and retail shops.
- Use a dry erase board or your phone to keep to-do lists instead of notepads.
- Contact your bank to receive electronic statements, instead of paper statements.
It’s always good to keep these practices in mind all year round to make a greater impact on the environment.
If you are a Waypoint Bank customer and would like to start receiving only eco-friendly electronic statements, visit our website or contact your local branch who is more than happy to walk you through each step and answer any questions.
Since 1883, Waypoint Bank has been providing superior financial solutions that promote the small-town approach of putting relationships first. For 140 years, we’ve been earning your trust in the most friendly and professional manner possible while guiding your success.